This years 2017 Golden Globes had everything from Meryl Streep’s powerful Cecil B. DeMille acceptance speech where she criticised the US President Elect Donald Trump in all but name, to ‘La La Land’ creating new records for most wins by a Film.
My favourite part of the event? Of course the Red- Carpet! This year there seemed to be a running theme of ‘Sexy yet Sophisticated’ among the 2017 nominees. Many of the ladies opted for striking deep-V or plunge kneck gowns to show off their beautifully structured chest bones and bosoms. It is quite a challenge to show off your bosom while at the same time remain super stylish and classy, these ladies however absolutely smashed the look!
- Olivia Culpo, wearing a fascinating floral Zuhair Murad number. Looking classy and simultaneously striking the 24 year old American actress stole the show.
- Gina Rodriguez, nominee for Best Comedy Actress for her role in Jane the Virgin, is dazzling in her Naeem Khan sparkly white gown.
- Blake Lively, bares her breathtaking post-pregnancy body in a Versace Atelier statuesque type gown.
- Emma Stone, when asked by Ryan Seacrest to explain her dress instead of naming a designer like many others she opted for a light-hearted visual description “Well it’s pink and their are stars on it”. Stone, who won Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy for her role in ‘La La Land’ looks delightfully elegant in Valentino.
- Jessica Biel, was simply radiant in her Ellie Saab deep plunging, thigh-high split, 3D embellished, black-and-white patterned attire. Biel certainly knows how to ‘stand’ out from the crowd exposing her fantastic mile long legs.
- Zoe Saldana, who was among the evening’s presenters, daringly took to the red carpet in a plunging pale-pink and scarlet-red combined ruffled chiffon Gucci gown. A very delicate yet striking look carried off by the American actress.
- Emily Ratajkowski, daring as ever showed off her captivating figure in a stunning golden goddess Reem Acra gown. The slinky satin number was not only eye-catching from the front, but also featured a highly intricately embellished back design.
- Mandy Moore, last but not least the This is Us star was the superhero of the 2017 event. She looked majestic in a black, deep plunging Naeem Khan gown which embodied a floor length, sheer black cape.